Where can I get a copy of the compendium of past EQE papers?

Print versions of the compendium (up to and including the 2005 edition) can be ordered from:

Product Distribution and Specialised Services
Tel.: +43 (0)1 52126 4547
Fax: +43 (0)1 52126 2495
e-mail: csc@epo.org

You can also download past papers as PDF documents from the website.

Where can I find details of the EPO's bank accounts?

Details of the EPO's bank accounts can be found at the back of the Official Journal.

Where can I find the EQE enrolment form?

Enrolment forms are available online in editable PDF format.

When re-enrolling for the EQE, do I have to file my diplomas and certificates again?

No, all previously filed documents are saved in your personal file.

What is the latest date that I can withdraw from the EQE and still claim a refund?

Any examination fees paid will be refunded if you inform the Examination Secretariat of your withdrawal no later than 12 September 2011. Fees for registration and enrolment, however, are non-refundable.

If I withdraw after the EQE withdrawal cut-off date, can I get a refund if I file a medical certificate?

No, this is not possible.

Can I have the supporting evidence required for my application to sit the EQE certified by a professional representative, and if so, what form should the certification take?

According to Rule 1(3) of the implementing provisions to the Regulation on the European qualifying examination for professional representatives, the supporting documents required for the European qualifying examination may be certified by a professional representative (Art. 134 EPC). The certification should be written on a copy of the document and must include:

- a statement that the certified copy corresponds with the original
- the date and place of certification
- the signature of the professional representative and his/her name in block capitals.

I am an EQE candidate and have recently changed my name. Do I need to inform the secretariat of this?

Yes, you should inform the Examination Secretariat of your change of name in writing, and submit a certified copy of any supporting documents (e.g. marriage certificate).

Do I have to be a national of one of the contracting states to enrol for the EQE?

No, you do not have to be a citizen of one of the contracting states to enrol for the EQE. However, in order to be included in the list of professional representatives, you must meet the conditions of Article 134 EPC.

Is Rule 28 of the implementing provisions to the Regulation on the EQE (REE) already in force?

According to Rule 28(4) of the implementing provisions, Rule 28 will enter into force on a date to be determined by the Supervisory Board. It is assumed that once the rule comes into force, a transitional period will be set during which candidates will be able to register previously completed periods of professional activity as defined in Article 11(2) REE.

How does the EQE's module system work?

The module system ceased to exist when the new Regulation on the European qualifying examination came into force. Candidates are free to choose the paper(s) they wish to sit.

To what extent can the EQE Secretariat take national patent applications into account when determining the periods of activities referred to in Article 11(2)(a) of the Regulation on the EQE?

The Secretariat may take activities in proceedings relating to national patent applications and national patents into account. However, the majority of a candidate's activities must pertain to European patents or patent applications.

I withdrew earlier from one or more papers in the next EQE, but would now like to re-enrol. Is that possible?

No, you cannot re-enrol for the same examination.

Quick Navigation